New Americans Community Services Team
Certified Nurse Practitioner
New Americans Community Service (NACS), a non-profit agency serving immigrants and refugees in the Twin Cities, is now hiring a Certified Nurse Practitioner.
- Current Minnesota RN license.
- Certification as a nurse practitioner by a national agency recognized by the MN Board of Nursing.
- Current DEA certification.
- Completion of a minimum of three years work experience as a Family Practice Nurse Practitioner, to include knowledge and skills appropriate to the specific medical discipline needed for independent treatment of minor acute illness.
This position will involve working in a general family practice clinic under the supervision of the NACHC Medical Director, and within the approved community standards.
The scope of practice for the Certified Nurse Practitioner may include, but is not limited to the following:
- In Family Practice, treat common acute illness, minor trauma, common dermatologist problems, etc.
- Provide health information for patients on self-care.
- Assist in or develop health promotion.
- Take medical histories and performs routine physical exams.
- Order appropriate lab tests and x-rays.
- Interprets findings and consults with physician as needed.
- Perform appropriate diagnostic tests.
- Write prescriptions as needed in accordance to the written agreement with physician consultants or supervisor.
- Conducts annual well women exams and provides contraceptive services including counseling, follow-up and referral.
The Certified Nurse Practitioner provides high-quality health care services including the following:
- Education of and effective communication with those served concerning the diagnosis and treatment of their medical conditions, appropriate preventive measures and use of the health care system.
- Treatment that is consistent with clinical impressions and working diagnoses.
- Provision of continuity of care.
- Appropriate, accurate and complete medical record entries.
- Adequate and appropriate transfer of information when clients are referred to another health care provider.
- Assesses real or potential health hazards and current health status, including analysis of health behavior related to lifestyle and culture.
- Devises implements and evaluates plans of care utilizing sound clinical judgments based on assessment of the physical, psychological, emotional, societal and environmental needs of the client.
- Assists individuals to assume responsibility for the prevention of illness and the promotion, maintenance and restoration of health.
- Consults, refers and collaborates with other disciplines involved in the delivery of total patient care.
- Utilizes the resources of the New Americans and surrounding area community.
- Demonstrates evidence of continuing professional growth by involvement in peer review and the review of protocols and procedures; Participates in continuing education.
- Prescribes appropriate indicated medications which include all that are listed on the current agreement between the specific Nurse Practitioner and their collaborating physician.
Applications and inquiries should be directed to:
161 Saint Anthony Avenue, Suite: 1010
St. Paul, MN 55103
or fax (651) 287-5227.
Applications may also be e-mailed to email@example.com
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.