New Americans Community Services Team
New Americans Community Service (NACS), a non-profit agency serving immigrants and refugees in the Twin Cities, is now hiring a Clinic Physician.
- MD degree and license to practice in MN.
- ABMS BC/BE in family practice.
- DEA certification.
- Training and/or experience in outpatient practice.
The scope of practice for the clinic physician may include, but is not limited to the following for which privileges are granted annually:
- Performing physical examinations including well women annual examinations.
- Diagnosing and treating common, acute illnesses, infectious diseases, minor trauma, and chronic conditions or diseases.
- Taking patient histories.
- Interpreting and evaluating patient data.
- Ordering or performing diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures which include biopsy, minor surgery and wound care.
- Prescribing, administering, dispensing prescription and nonprescription medications and medical devices.
- Providing contraceptive services, pap smears, annual examinations.
- Educating patients on health promotion, disease prevention, current treatments, importance of patient compliance, and answering patient questions.
- Making patient referrals to other providers within NACHC and outside of NACHC to facilitate treatment plan. Referrals to PT, OT, nutritionist, Orthopedics, mental health, dermatology etc.
- Arranging follow-up appointments or phone calls to review lab or test results with patients.
- Creating, maintaining patient record and documenting treatment plans.
- Consulting with other physicians and/or health care professionals to confirm difficult diagnosis and facilitate appropriate treatment plan.
- Keeping informed about the newest developments in medicine by attending educational conferences, CME lectures, literature reviews, and by consulting with other medical personnel.
- Assisting in mentoring and supervision of the clinical work of nursing staff, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants.
Applications and inquiries should be directed to:
161 Saint Anthony Avenue, Suite: 1010
St. Paul, MN 55103
or fax (651) 287-5227.
Applications may also be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.